- When shipping packages to Home Based Businesses (HBB) or private residences either locally or out of town, unless ‘signature required’ is clearly noted in the special instructions field, shipments will be left in the mailbox or between doors if no one is home.
- For deliveries to hospitals all ‘non-rush” shipments will be delivered to the shipping receiving / mailroom. Deliveries to an individual or department must be placed on Swift’s premium ‘hot shot’ or ‘gold’ service.
- Please ensure number of pieces and weight is entered correctly and as accurately as possible.
- When shipping from one address to another within the downtown core, please specify whether a car or truck is required otherwise a member of our biker fleet will be dispatched to handle the shipment.
- Prior to finalizing your online order please review all pertinent shipping information including contact names / phone numbers and delivery addresses. Most government buildings are ‘secure’ and correct contact information is paramount.
- When shipping ‘bid packages’ or ‘RFP tender’ responses…choose wisely…select Swift’s premium services only (Hot Shot or Gold). Also, indicate the closing date & time in special instructions to ensure our dispatch center is fully aware of the delivery parameters. We will then contact you confirming the actual delivery time your bid package was delivered including the name of the person who signed for the package. Just another way of saying at Swift we truly…THINK CUSTOMER!
- If sending out a package that has a return trip it should be sent on ‘rush’ service or better if needed back same day.
- When you require a ‘security cleared’ driver to handle your delivery shipment, kindly contact Swift at 613-228-6571 to make shipping arrangements.